John Bailey Re-elected Academy President
Aug 8, 2018 - 9:49:06 AM
LOS ANGELES, CA – John Bailey was re-elected president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Tuesday night (August 7) by the organization’s Board of Governors.
Also elected to officer positions by the Board:
Bailey is beginning his second term as president and his fifteenth year as a governor representing the Cinematographers Branch. Burwell, Gianopulos, Rubin and Utley were re-elected to their posts. Ganis, who returned to the board this year, served as Academy President from 2005-2009. This will be the first officer stint for Karaszewski.
- Lois Burwell, First Vice President (chair, Awards and Events Committee)
- Sid Ganis, Vice President (chair, Museum Committee)
- Larry Karaszewski, Vice President (chair, Preservation and History Committee)
- Nancy Utley, Vice President (chair, Education and Outreach Committee)
- Jim Gianopulos, Treasurer (chair, Finance Committee)
- David Rubin, Secretary (chair, Membership and Administration Committee)
Bailey is the first cinematographer to hold the position of Academy President. His credits include “Ordinary People,” “American Gigolo,” “The Big Chill,” “Groundhog Day,” “As Good as It Gets,” “The Anniversary Party,” “The Way Way Back” and “A Walk in the Woods.”
Academy board members may serve up to three consecutive three-year terms, while officers serve one-year terms, with a maximum of four consecutive years in any one office.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com -