Illegal Immigrants apprehended in Grand Bahama
By Terecita Pinder, RBPF
Jun 25, 2018 - 7:13:08 AM
Freeport, Grand Bahama - (10) Illegal Immigrants apprehended by police in Grand Bahama.
Reports are that on Sunday 24th June 2018 shortly before 6:00pm, officers while patrolling on Lunar Boulevard, and acting on information, searched the bushes in the area and apprehended (4) adult Chinese men and (6) Ecuadorians; (3) adult males, (2) adult females and (1) child.
They were all hand over to Immigration authorities.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS.)
SAFETY TIPS: During the summer months there are usually an increase in reports of stolen/lost passports.
Consider the following;
- Ensure that your passport is in a secured safe place after use.
- DO NOT store passports in vehicles and handbags during daily commutes.
- Obtain copies of your passport in the event it is lost or stolen. Information contained in the passport, such as the serial number will be required by the police for tracing purposes.
- Never pass your passport to a friend or colleague to conduct business on your behalf.
- When travelling, locate the safety deposit box in your hotel room and use it.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com -