RBPF Grand Bahama: Police are investigating 2 Shooting incidents that has left 2 males with injuries
By Terecita L. Pinder
May 18, 2019 - 9:00:47 AM
Freeport, Grand Bahama -
Police in Grand Bahama are investigating a shooting incident that has left a male with injuries.
Reports are that on Saturday 18th May 2019 shortly after 12:00am, a male reported to police that while at a business establishment on Queens Highway, he was involved in an altercation with another male who then produced a handgun and shot him several times to the body. He was taken to the Rand Memorial Hospital via private vehicle and seen by doctor. He is listed in stable condition.
A male is assisting police with their investigation into this matter. Police are actively investigating.
Police in Grand Bahama are investigating shooting incident
that has left a male with injuries.
Reports are that on Saturday 18th May 2019 shortly before 4:00am, a male reported to police that while travelling in his vehicle on East Settlers Way, a dark coloured vehicle pulled alongside his vehicle and shot at him, injuring his hand and causing damage to his vehicle.
Police are aggressively investigating this matter.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS) OR THE CENTRAL DETECTIVE UNIT AT 350-3106/12.
ARMED ROBBERY SAFETY TIPS –
- Personal safety first! money and merchandise are not important and can be replaced
- Stay calm and don’t resist.
- Do as instructed and don’t make sudden moves.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Get a look at the robber if possible, but don’t stare.
- Activate the alarm only when its safe to do so.
- If possible, get a look at the robber’s vehicle and the direction travel.
- Do not follow the robber
- Install surveillance cameras and ensure that they are in working condition.
© Copyright 2019 by thebahamasweekly.com -