OAS Electoral Observation Mission in Ecuador expresses concern about lack of definition regarding electoral process
Feb 16, 2021 - 10:12:54 AM
The Electoral Observation Mission (EOM) of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Ecuador expresses its concern about the lack of definition by the electoral authority and is paying close attention to the latest developments in the electoral process.
In this context, the Mission strongly appeals to the National Electoral Council (CNE, for its initials in Spanish) to:
1. Provide timely and constant information about the status and progress of the electoral process.
2. Resolve and report on the steps to be taken in the coming days.
3. Provide guarantees of certainty and transparency to all political parties involved in the electoral process.
4. Safeguard the electoral material in a permanent and secure manner.
5. Guarantee compliance with the electoral calendar for the runoff on April 11.
The Mission reiterates the need for public demonstrations to be carried out in a peaceful manner and for political parties to settle their differences via institutional channels.
The OAS EOM will continue to follow the development of the electoral process in Ecuador.
© Copyright 2021 by thebahamasweekly.com -