RBPF: Alleged drowning incident in Eleuthera
By Supt. Shanta Knowles, RBPF
Aug 10, 2018 - 9:00:53 AM
Police on the island of Eleuthera are investigating the alleged drowning of an adult male, Thursday, 9th August, 2018.
According to reports, shortly after 1:00pm, an adult male was swimming on a beach near to Tarpum Bay, when he was discovered lying motionless on the sea bed. He was removed from the water and taken to the local clinic in Rock Sound, where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death. Investigations are ongoing.
SAFETY DRIVING TIPS – Obey all traffic laws
- Don’t drink, text or utilize anything that will distract you while driving.
- Obey the speed limits and traffic signal lights
- Be alert and ready to stop. Look out for people walking on the street, especially where there are no sidewalks.
- Be extra cautious around pedestrian crossing, slow down and watch out for children on the streets.
- Do not overtake, stay in your lane.
- Remember to slow down and drive for both you and others.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO
MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY
CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE)
OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com -