Officers of the Northern District made significant arrest on
Monday 11th December 2018
Abaco, Bahamas - Reports are that on Monday 11th December 2018, officers on the Island of Abaco arrested two males after they were found in possession of dangerous drugs, in Grand Bahama an American male was arrested at the Grand Bahama International Airport for possession of ammunition and a male was arrested by officers of the Mobile Division for Possession of Dangerous Drugs. They are all expected to be arraigned before the Magistrate Court this week.
Police on the island of Abaco are investigating a shooting
incident that has left a male with non-life threatening injuries.
Reports are that on Monday 10th December 2018, shortly before 9:00pm, police were called to Southside Road in Marsh Harbor, where it was reported that three armed males, opened fire on a group of persons on the outside of a business establishment and fled the area on foot. A male victim received injuries to the leg and was transported to the local clinic where he was treated and discharged.
Police are actively investigating this matter.
APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW
SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT
919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR
1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS).
ARMED ROBBERY SAFETY TIPS –
- PERSONNEL SAFETY FIRST! MONEY AND MERCHANDISE ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND CAN BE REPLACED
- Stay calm and don’t resist.Do as instructed and don’t make sudden moves.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Get a look at the robber if possible, but don’t stare.
- Activate the alarm only when it’s safe to do so.
- If possible, get a look at the robber’s vehicle and the direction travel.
- Do not follow the robber.
- Install surveillance cameras and ensure that they are in working condition