Abaco police are investigating a traffic fatality that has left a male dead
By Terecita L. Pinder
Jun 6, 2019 - 11:24:25 AM
Reports are that on Thursday 6th June 2019 shortly after 6:00am, police were called to Forrest Drive, Abaco, where a black Mazda vehicle and a red and black Honda motorcycle were involved in a head on collision. The driver of the motorcycle, a 35 year old male of Abaco died at the scene. The driver and passenger of the Mazda vehicle, both resident of Marsh Harbour, Abaco, were taken to the Marsh Harbour Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
Officers from the Traffic Division in Grand Bahama will head over to Abaco to assist with this investigation.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS) OR THE CENTRAL DETECTIVE UNIT AT 350-3106/12.
HURRICANE SAFETY TIPS – Today is the first day of the hurricane season!
Take note of the hurricane shelters in your area.
- Secure all important documents in a waterproof container.
- Be sure to have a first aid kit, medication, flash lights, and a battery operated radio on hand.
- Secure all loose objects, including lawn furniture, on your property and place pets inside for safe keeping.
- Keep several days’ supply of food and water for each family member.
- DO NOT USE GENERATORS INDOORS.
- Follow all instructions from your local authorities regarding evacuation or other safety procedures.
© Copyright 2019 by thebahamasweekly.com -