RBPF: Alleged Drowning in Abaco
By Terecita L. Pinder
Jul 17, 2019 - 5:50:18 PM
Police in Abaco are investigating an alleged drowning that
occurred on Wednesday 17th July 2019.
Reports are that shortly before 2:00pm, an American female, a home owner in Green Turtle Cay, Abaco, while swimming with her two grandsons in waters on Gilliam Bay Beach, Green Turtle Cay, was reportedly caught in a rip current. Persons nearby rescued the two boys and the victim who was brought to shore. CPR was administered to the female by local residents, EMS personnel and the nurse from the Government Clinic also assisted in this matter. She was later pronounced dead by doctor.
Police are investigating this matter.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS) OR THE CENTRAL DETECTIVE UNIT AT 350-3106/12.
PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS -
- Think about your safety before you leave home; make sure someone
knows where you are going, who you are with and what time you are likely
- Fully charge your mobile phone and keep it with you so you can keep
in contact with your friends and family and ring police should you need
- Walking home in the dark is never a good idea, but if you
absolutely must, try to walk with a friend, keep no busy, well-lit roads
even if it means taking a longer route.
- If you think someone is following you, go to the nearest place
where there are people and ask for help, or, if you can't find somewhere
or you are worried about someone's behaviour towards you in any way,
- Don't be afraid about being wrong or over-reacting; the Police
would rather be called only to find that all is well, than be dealing
with an incident because someone was afraid of calling them.
- Always try to be aware of what and who is around you and avoid putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.
- And remember, it might not be you that is in danger - if you see
anything you think is suspicious call the police - better safe than
© Copyright 2019 by thebahamasweekly.com -