RBPF: Alleged drowning incident on the island of Bimini
By Terecita Pinder, RBPF
Jun 24, 2018 - 8:55:37 PM
Bimini, Bahamas - Police on the island of Bimini are investigating the death of a 54 year old American male.
Reports are that on Sunday 24th June 2018 shortly after 11:00am, an American male along with family members, were reportedly swimming on Luna Beach that is situated on the northern side of North Bimini, when the male reportedly was seen floating in water. Emergency CPR was given and the victim was taken to the Bimini Community
Clinic by Emergency Personnel where he was pronounced dead.
Police are actively investigating this matter.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS.)
ARMED ROBBERY SAFETY TIPS
- PERSONNEL SAFETY FIRST! MONEY AND MERCHANDISE ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND CAN BE REPLACED.
- Stay calm and don’t resist.
- Do as instructed and don’t make sudden moves.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Get a look at the robber if possible, but don’t stare.
- Activate the alarm only when it’s safe to do so.
- If possible, get a look at the robber’s vehicle and the direction travel. Do not follow the robber.
- Install surveillance cameras and ensure that they are in working condition.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com -