RBPF Bimini: 2 males arrested for possession of dangerous drugs
By Terecita Pinder, RBPF
Aug 26, 2018 - 8:30:18 AM
Reports are that on Saturday 25th August 2018, shortly after 8:00am, officers while on routine patrol in Alice Town, Bimini, observed a vehicle with two male passengers and a strong odor emanating from it. Officers then stopped, and proceeded to search the vehicle and both suspects reference to possession of dangerous drugs. While doing so, the driver fled the scene making good his escape. Officers then searched the passenger and vehicle where they discovered a quantity of suspected marijuana on the passenger and inside the vehicle.
The passenger was arrested. Later that day the male driver was arrested and taken into police custody. They are both expected to be charged before the Magistrate Court early this week.
BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY TIPS FOR STUDENT-
- Find an easy way to walk to and from school or the bus stop and use
the same route every day.Always walk with a brother, sister, neighbor,
friend or with other students. Strength is in numbers.
- Do not talk to strangers or go anywhere with them or take anything
from them. If a stranger approached you, tell your parents or a trusted
adult such as a teacher.
- Never get into a vehicle with a stranger, or with anyone without your parents’ permission.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Never run into the street.
- Know your parents full name, telephone numbers and your address
(street name and house number. If you have trouble remembering them,
write it down and keep it ina safe place.
BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY TIPS FOR MOTORIST –
- Slow down and obey ALL traffic laws and speed limit.
- Speed limit in school zones are 15MPH from 7:30am to 9:00am and from 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Be extra cautious around school crossing areas
- When driving in school zones or neighborhoods, watch for children
who may be in a hurry to get to school and may not be thinking of their
- Watch for children walking in the street, especially where there are no sidewalks. Be alert and ready to stop.
- Always stop for a school bus or jitney that has to stop to load or unload passengers.
- Before entering a pedestrian crossing area, be sure there are no pedestrian crossing, if so, stop and allow them to cross.
- When passing a parked vehicle, check for children who may run into the street
- Allow children waiting at a pedestrian crossing to cross the street.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com -