RBPF: Marijuana field discovered in Abaco
By Terecita Pinder, RBPF
Jun 12, 2018 - 7:45:23 PM
Abaco, Bahamas - Police in Abaco have discovered a large marijuana field in the Marsh Harbor area.
Reports are that on Tuesday 12th June 2018 shortly after 12:00pm, officers of the Abaco District, acting on information, went to a bushy area south of the Leonard Thompson International Airport, where they discovered 1000 marijuana trees ranging from two to eight feet in height. There were no arrest made in this matter.
The estimate street value of the marijuana plant is $600,000. Police are actively investigating.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS.)
HURRICANE SAFETY TIPS –
- Take note of the hurricane shelters in your area.
- Secure all important documents in a waterproof container.
- Be sure to have a first aid kit, medication, flash lights, and a battery operated radio on hand.
- Secure all loose objects, including lawn furniture, on your property and place pets inside for safekeeping.
- Keep several days’ supply of food and water for each family member.
- DO NOT USE GENERATORS INDOORS.
- Follow all instructions from your local authorities regarding evacuation or other safety procedures.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com -