RBPF: Police investigates accident on the island of Eleuthera which left a child in hospital
By Supt. Shanta Knowles, RBPF
Jun 1, 2019 - 12:21:53 PM
Police on the island of Eleuthera are investigating a traffic mishap Friday, 31st May, 2019 which has left a child detained in hospital.
According to reports, shortly after 5:00pm, a resident of Green Castle, arrived at home with a male child. He secured the vehicle, leaving the child inside and got into another vehicle. As he was reversing, he heard the child screaming. He got out of the vehicle and noticed that the child was at the rear of this vehicle and bleeding from an injury to the head. The child was transported to the Rock Sound Community Clinic and later flown to a hospital on New Providence where he is listed in critical condition.
Investigations are ongoing.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THIS OR ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
HURRICANE SAFETY TIPS – Today is the first day of the hurricane season!
Take note of the hurricane shelters in your area.
- Secure all important documents in a waterproof container.
- Be sure to have a first aid kit, medication, flash lights, and a battery operated radio on hand.
- Secure all loose objects, including lawn furniture, on your property and place pets inside for safe keeping.
- Keep several days’ supply of food and water for each family member.
- DO NOT USE GENERATORS INDOORS.
- Follow all instructions from your local authorities regarding evacuation or other safety procedures.
© Copyright 2019 by thebahamasweekly.com -