on the island of Andros, are investigating the circumstances
surrounding a fire which destroyed a government building, Friday, 21st
According to reports, shortly
after 4:00pm, Police were called to the Local Government Complex in
Fresh Creek, after receiving reports that it was on fire. Police and
residents attempted to extinguish the fire, but were unsuccessful. The
building was totally destroyed. The fire is suspected to have started as
a result of an electrical shortage.
Officers from the RBPF Fire Services Department will travel to Andros to assist in this investigation.
APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW
SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT
919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR
1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS).
ARMED ROBBERY SAFETY TIPS –
- PERSONNEL SAFETY FIRST! MONEY AND MERCHANDISE ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND CAN BE REPLACED
- Stay calm and don’t resist.Do as instructed and don’t make sudden moves.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Get a look at the robber if possible, but don’t stare.
- Activate the alarm only when it’s safe to do so.
- If possible, get a look at the robber’s vehicle and the direction travel.
- Do not follow the robber.