||Last Updated: Jan 5, 2018 - 2:58:50 AM
Nassau, Bahamas - Two adults, a male and female were taken into custody following the seizure of an illegal firearm on Thursday, 4th January, 2018.
According to reports, around 10:00am, Drug Enforcement Officers, acting on intelligence, searched a home and property at Gerald Bartlett Estates off Cowpen Road and recovered an AK 47 rifle and 31 rounds of 7.62 ammunition.
The male and female are expected to be formally charged before the Magistrate Court next week.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
PREVENTION CRIME TIP – Credit card fraud protection tips
Here are some tips on how to prevent credit and debit card fraud.
- Don’t give your account number to anyone on the phone unless you’ve made the call.
- Carry your cards separately from your wallet. It can minimize your losses if someone steals your wallet or purse.
- During a transaction, keep your eye on your card. Make sure you get it back before you walk away.
- Open your bills promptly — or check them online often — and reconcile them with purchases.
- Report any questionable charges to the card issuer.
- Notify your card issuer if your address changes or if you will be traveling.
- Don’t write your account number on the outside of an envelope.
- Clear your logins and passwords. This is especially important if you’ve been working on a public computer.
- Be alert for phishing, a trick in which spam or pop-ups mimic legitimate banks or businesses to obtain your personal information, which they use to access your accounts. Always verify that you’re on a familiar Web site with security controls before entering personal data.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com
Top of Page