POLICE INVESTIGATE RECENT ARMED ROBBERIES
Police on Andros Island and New Providence are seeking the public’s assistance in solving two armed robberies which occurred overnight.
In the first incident, according to reports, shortly after 8:00pm, Wednesday, 7th November, 2018, two men armed with handguns entered a gaming establishment in the settlement of Lowe Sound, Andros and robbed an employee of cash before making good their escape.
In the second incident, according to reports, shortly after 1:00am, Thursday, 8th November, 2018 a man and woman were sitting in their vehicle near a beach on West Bay Street, when they were approached by two armed men, who robbed them of their gold colour Nissan Tiida licensed # AQ4125 and sped away, followed by a male in a black Nissan Note licensed # AT4208. A short time later, police recovered both vehicles on Chippingham Road. The suspects were not captured.
Investigations are ongoing
ILLEGAL FIREARM AND AMMUNITION RECOVERED
Shortly after 11:00am, Wednesday, 7th November, 2018 Drug
Enforcement Unit Officers acing on information, conducted a search of a
bushy area on Jerusalem Way off Carmichael Road, and recovered a 9
millimeter pistol and 31 rounds of ammunition.
No arrest was made in this incident. Investigations are ongoing.
THESE INVESTIGATIONS ARE ACTIVE AND POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR
CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS), THE CENTRAL
DETECTIVE UNIT AT 502-9991/2 OR THE NEAREST POLICE STATION.
SAFETY DRIVING TIPS – Obey all traffic laws
- Don’t drink, text or utilize anything that will distract you while driving.Obey the speed limits and traffic signal lights
- Be alert and ready to stop. Look out for people walking on the street, especially where there are no sidewalks.
- Be extra cautious around pedestrian crossing, slow down and watch out for children on the streets.
- Do not overtake, stay in your lane.
- Remember to slow down and drive for both you and others.