Police investigate drowning incident at Arawak Cay
By Supt. Shanta Knowles, RBPF
Jun 18, 2018 - 7:20:27 PM
Nassau, Bahamas - Shortly after 3:00pm, Monday, 18th June, 2018, police received information that a child was discovered unresponsive in waters at Arawak Cay, New Providence.
According to reports, a male child was at the beach at Arawak Cay, along with a family member and other children. As the family was about to leave, they discovered the child missing. A search of the beach was made and the child was discovered lying face down at the water’s edge. Paramedics responded to the scene and transported the child to hospital in critical condition; however, he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Investigations are ongoing
ARMED ROBBERY SAFETY TIPS –
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THIS OR ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
- PERSONNEL SAFETY FIRST! MONEY AND MERCHANDISE ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND CAN BE REPLACEDStay calm and don’t resist.
- Do as instructed and don’t make sudden moves.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Get a look at the robber if possible, but don’t stare.
- Activate the alarm only when it’s safe to do so.
- If possible, get a look at the robber’s vehicle and the direction travel. Do not follow the robber.
- Install surveillance cameras and ensure that they are in working condition.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com -