POLICE INVESTIGATES STABBING INCIDENTS
Nassau, Bahamas - Police
are investigating a stabbing incident, Thursday, 10th January, 2019
which has left a 22 year old female detained in hospital.
to reports, shortly after 1:00am, a group of women were at a residence
on Malcolm Road, when they got into an altercation, resulting in one of
the women being stabbed to the body. The victim was transported to
hospital, where her condition is listed as stable.
Investigations are ongoing.
2 MALES IN CUSTODY FOLLOWING A LARGE DRUG BUST ON
Police on the island of New Providence have seized more than 1,200 pounds of suspected marijuana in two separate incidents. Wednesday, January 9, 2019 and have taken two men into custody.
In the first incident, according to reports, shortly after 8:00pm, Drug Enforcement Unit Officers acting on intelligence, went to a residence on St. Bart’s Road, Golden Gates, where they met a male standing near to a white van. Upon seeing the officers the male ran from the yard, making good his escape. Officers conducted a search of the van and recovered nineteen (19) crocus sack and one (1) taped package with suspected marijuana, weighing 545 pounds, with an estimated street value of $545,000.00
Two men who were also at the residence were taken into custody. They are expected to appear before a Magistrate Court next week to be formally charged.
In the second incident, according to reports, shortly before 9:00pm, Drug Enforcement Unit Officers acting on information, conducted a search of a property at Williams Drive off Cowpen Road and discovered behind a building, twenty-six (26) crocus sacks and one (1) cooler containing 656 pounds of suspected marijuana, with a street value of $656,000.00.
No arrest was made in this incident. Investigations are ongoing.
POLICE OPERATION NETS 7 ARRESTS
Police are reporting the arrest of 7 persons in connection with a number of serious crimes such as murder, armed robbery and possession of dangerous drugs during an anti-crime operation dubbed, “Head Start” conducted throughout New Providence, Wednesday, 9th January, 2019.
The operation which is consistent with the Commissioner’s 2018 Policing Priority #1 Prevention and Reduction of Crime, targeted persons involved in criminal activities, prolific offenders, persons wanted for outstanding court warrants.
- 2 persons arrested in connection with homicide investigations.1 person arrested after they were found in possession of a quantity of suspected marijuana
- 2 person for outstanding criminal court warrants
- 2 persons for armed robbery
During the operation, shortly after 4:00pm, officers conducted a search of on the outside of a liquor store on Charles Saunders Highway, and recovered a plastic bag with a quantity of suspected marijuana. No arrest was made.
This operation was led by ACP Clayton Fernander, ACP Ashton Greenslade and ACP Theophilus Cunningham. The team was assisted by member of the Royal Bahamas Defense Force.
Investigations are ongoing
PREVENTION CRIME TIP – Credit card fraud protection tipsHere are some tips on how to prevent credit and debit card fraud.
- Don’t give your account number to anyone on the phone unless you’ve made the call.
- Carry your cards separately from your wallet. It can minimize your losses if someone steals your wallet or purse.
- During a transaction, keep your eye on your card. Make sure you get it back before you walk away.
- Open your bills promptly — or check them online often — and
reconcile them with purchases.Report any questionable charges to the
- Notify your card issuer if your address changes or if you will be traveling.
- Don’t write your account number on the outside of an envelope.
- Clear your logins and passwords. This is especially important if you’ve been working on a public computer.
- Be alert for phishing, a trick in which spam or pop-ups mimic
legitimate banks or businesses to obtain your personal information,
which they use to access your accounts. Always verify that you’re on a
familiar Web site with security controls before entering personal data.