||Last Updated: Jul 29, 2018 - 2:28:55 PM
Nassau, Bahamas - Police in New Providence are investigating a traffic accident which has left a female dead, Saturday, 28th July, 2018.
According to reports, shortly before 10:00pm, a female was attempting to walk across Prince Charles Drive, in the area of the Wok Restaurant, when she was struck by two vehicles; a 2011 Buick Regal, which was traveling in the east bound lane and a black Nissan Cube, which was traveling in the west bound lane. Both drivers remained on scene and are assisting police with this investigation.
The victim was transported to hospital by paramedics and later pronounced dead.
Officers from the RBPF Traffic Division are investigating.
SAFETY DRIVING TIPS – Obey all traffic laws
- Don’t drink, text or utilize anything that will distract you while driving.
- Obey the speed limits and traffic signal lights
- Be alert and ready to stop. Look out for people walking on the street, especially where there are no sidewalks.
- Be extra cautious around pedestrian crossing, slow down and watch out for children on the streets.
- Do not overtake, stay in your lane.
- Remember to slow down and drive for both you and others.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com
Top of Page