RBPF Nassau: Shooting victim identified - Illegal firearm recovered
By Supt. Shanta Knowles, RBPF
Aug 29, 2018 - 5:58:35 PM
SHOOTING VICTIM IDENTIFIED
Nassau, Bahamas - Police have officially identified the male who was shot at Kennedy Sub-Division and later died in hospital on Tuesday, 28th August, 2018 as Tarino Bevan White Jr. age 23 years of Willow Tree Street.
ILLEGAL FIREARM RECOVERED
Shortly after 11:00am, Wednesday, 29th August, 2018, a concerned citizen went into the Traffic Department and handed over a .380 pistol and a magazine. He reported finding the weapon shortly after 9:00am. while walking on Eastwest Highway.
No arrest was made in this matter. Investigations are ongoing.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THIS INCIDENT,
NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY
CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW
PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY TIPS FOR STUDENT-
- Find an easy way to walk to and from school or the bus stop and use
the same route every day.Always walk with a brother, sister, neighbor,
friend or with other students. Strength is in numbers.
- Do not talk to strangers or go anywhere with them or take anything
from them. If a stranger approached you, tell your parents or a trusted
adult such as a teacher.
- Never get into a vehicle with a stranger, or with anyone without your parents’ permission.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Never run into the street.
- Know your parents full name, telephone numbers and your address
(street name and house number. If you have trouble remembering them,
write it down and keep it ina safe place.
BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY TIPS FOR MOTORIST –
- Slow down and obey ALL traffic laws and speed limit.
- Speed limit in school zones are 15MPH from 7:30am to 9:00am and from 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Be extra cautious around school crossing areas
- When driving in school zones or neighborhoods, watch for children
who may be in a hurry to get to school and may not be thinking of their
- Watch for children walking in the street, especially where there are no sidewalks. Be alert and ready to stop.
- Always stop for a school bus or jitney that has to stop to load or unload passengers.
- Before entering a pedestrian crossing area, be sure there are no pedestrian crossing, if so, stop and allow them to cross.
- When passing a parked vehicle, check for children who may run into the street
- Allow children waiting at a pedestrian crossing to cross the street.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com -