SUSPECTS TO BE ARRAIGNED
Police are pleased to announce that eight suspects will be arraigned in Magistrate Court at 12:00 noon, Monday, 22nd October, 2018 in connection with a number of investigations.
They are as follows:
- A 20 year old male will be arraigned on two (2) counts of Armed Robbery and one (1) count of Attempted Murder.
- A 24 year old male will be arraigned on four (4) counts of Armed Robbery, in connection with four separate investigations.
- A 24 year old male will be arraigned on a charge of Possession of Unlicensed Firearm and Ammunition and Possession of Dangerous drugs.
- A 46 year old male will be arraigned on a charge of Possession of Forged Documents.
- A 43 year old male to be arraigned on a charge of Possession of Ammunition.
- Three (3) American adult males to be arraigned on charges related to a Fraud investigation.
The Royal Bahamas Police Force thanks members of the public for assisting with information, which has led to the arrest of suspects in these matters. We are encouraged by your support and ask that you continue to partner with us as we work diligently to create safer communities.
ILLEGAL FIREARM RECOVERED
Shortly after 10:00am, Sunday, 21st October, 2018, Flying Squad Officers, acting on information conducted a search of an abandon building on William Street, Nassau Village and recovered a 12 gauge shotgun and 6 rounds of shotgun shells. A further check of the property led officer to recover a plastic bag with 12 rounds of .40 ammunition.
No arrest was made in this incident. Investigations are ongoing
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
CRIME PREVENTION TIPS – BE AWARE THAT YOU ARE A POTENTIAL VICTIM OF A CRIME. STAY ALERT AND
ATTUNED TO PEOPLE AND CIRCUMSTANCES AROUND YOU.