||Last Updated: Nov 11, 2017 - 2:06:32 PM
“SUSPECTS ARRAIGNED BEFORE THE MAGISTRATE COURTS – GRAND BAHAMA”
Keith Barr age 49 years of #56 Raleigh Drive was arraigned on Friday 10th November 2017 before Magistrate Renkin Johnson in Magistrate Court #3 on (4) counts of Shopbreaking, (1) count of Possession of Instruments for Burglary and (3) counts of Stealing from a Shop. He pleaded not guilty to all counts and was remanded to the Bahamas Department of Correctional Services until Monday 5th February 2018 for trial.
Frederick Livingston Ward age 43 years of #8 Bruce Avenue was arraigned on Friday 10th November 2017 before Magistrate Charlton Smith in Magistrate Court #2 on (5) counts of Stealing from a vehicle. He pleaded guilty to one count and was sentenced to (3) months at the Bahamas Department of Correctional Services. The other matters he pleaded not guilty and they were all adjourned to Monday 5th February 2018 for trial.
These matters are connected to incidents that were reported in the Freeport area.
FOUND FIREARMS – GRAND BAHAMA
Reports are that on Friday 10th November 2017 shortly after 7:00am, Officers of the Drug Enforcement Unit acting on information went to an area on Limewood Lane where a search was conducted and officers discovered;
- (1) 7.62 assault rifle with a magazine containing (3) 7.62 rounds of ammunition.
- (1) 9mm automatic Luger pistol with a magazine containing (10) round of .9mm
- (1) Smith and Wesson .9mm pistol with a magazine containing (8) .9mm ammunition.
No arrest was made in this matter. Investigations are continuing.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO THE PUBLIC TO SHARE INFORMATION ON ANY ILLEGAL/SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES IN THEIR COMMUNITIES, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE URGED TO ANONYMOUSLY CONTACT THE POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
WEEKLY PREVENTION CRIME TIP – House Breaking /Burglary Prevention
- An alarm system is excellent for home security.
- It provides peace of mind to homeowners, especially
- while on vacation.
- There are a wide variety of alarm systems on the
- market. Make several inquiries to different companies
- for the best security system available to you.
- If you have a home alarm system, use it! Activate your alarm system – Alarm systems are only useful when you
- remember to activate them.
© Copyright 2017 by thebahamasweekly.com
Top of Page