On today's date, 30th January 2019, (11) foreign nationals are expected to be arraigned before Magistrate C. Evans in Magistrates Court #6 to answer the following charges;
(4) Colombian nationals - (i) Engaging in Gainful Occupation
(1) Colombian national - (i) Overstaying (ii) Engaging in Gainful Occupation
(1) Jamaican national - (i) Engaging in Gainful Occupation
(1) Venezuelan national - (i) Engaging in Gainful Occupation
(1) T rinidadian national - (i) Overstaying (ii) E ngaging in Gainful Occupation
(3) Haitians nationals - (i) Illegal Landing
Of this group (8) Females were apprehended on Monday, 28th January 2019 during a joint operation between Department of Immigration and RBPF which targeted the illicit nightlife circuit throughout New Providence.
In addition, the (3) Haitian nationals were arrested on 25th January 2019 after investigations revealed that they entered the Bahamas illegally.
Additionally, a Press Release will follow pending court proceedings.