The Public Hospitals Authority (PHA) and the Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH), wishes to advise the public that due to the limited number of beds and space and to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 within the Hospital, areas of PMH have been repurposed to accommodate clients seeking care. Among the areas included in this exercise is the Food Court in the Critical Care Block (CCB) which is being used to triage patients seeking emergency care. Patients requiring further intervention are provided assessment in the Emergency Room.
Other areas of the Hospital that have been repurposed since the onset of the pandemic in March this year include the Old General Practice Clinic, the Legacy Modular Unit, Private Surgical Ward, Maternity Day Unit, Private Medical Ward and Medical/Surgical Ward.
The public is reminded to follow the Ministry of Health’s guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include:
• Wear a face mask when you leave home.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with an alcohol content of at least 70%.
• Cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue.
• Maintain social distance at work and in a public space and avoid large crowds.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remote controls, counters, doorknobs, and keyboards.
The public is strongly urged to pay attention to all public health announcements, public service announcements and updates regarding health and hospital services during this time.