||Last Updated: Jun 13, 2019 - 4:31:12 PM
Bahamas Power and Light Company Limited (BPL) is pleased to convey the dynamic traffic management plan for movement of our new high-efficiency Wärtsilä tri-fuel engines, for this evening, Thursday, June 13, 2019, at 8PM. A small, multi-agency convoy will move along with the BPL flatbed – which will be moving at a controlled speed of 2MPH – implementing road closures and traffic diversions in stages as required in an effort to minimize the disruption to the motoring public.
The convoy will move along the following route:
• Arawak Cay Port/West Bay Street to Saunders Beach Roundabout (Estimated Time 60 minutes)
• Saunders Beach roundabout to Baha Mar Boulevard (Estimated Time 1 hour and 50 minutes)
• Baha Mar Boulevard to Gladstone Road Roundabout (Estimated Time 30 minutes)
• Gladstone Road Roundabout to Old Fort Bay Roundabout (Estimated Time 3 hours and 27 minutes)
• Old Fort Bay Roundabout to Mt. Pleasant/Western Road Intersection (Estimated Time 1 hour and 10 minutes)
• Mt. Pleasant/Western Road Intersection to BPL Clifton Site (Estimated Time 1 hour and 45 minutes)
The engines are being transported on a schedule of every other night for the next two weeks. We would like the public to avoid the West Bay Street, Baha Mar Blvd., JFK and Western Road where possible on those evenings.
Like and follow us on Facebook @mybpl242 for the latest updates.
(The transportation route is highlighted in green.)
© Copyright 2019 by thebahamasweekly.com
Top of Page