||Last Updated: Aug 22, 2019 - 9:17:29 AM
RBPF Missing juveniles: 16 yr. old Roshanda Dean and 15 yr. old Bengy Calixte both of Nassau, Bahamas
By Supt. Shanta Knowles, RBPF
Aug 22, 2019 - 9:06:16 AM
Email this article
Mobile friendly page
POLICE SEEK HELP IN LOCATING TWO MISSING PERSONS
Nassau, Bahamas - Police are seeking the public’s help in locating two juveniles who were reported missing by family members.
Roshanda Dean, age 16 years of Lincoln Boulevard. Dean was last seen at her residence on Friday, 9th August, 2019.
She is described as being of brown complexion with a slim built,
Also missing is:
Bengy Calixte age 15 years of West Avenue. Calixte was last seen at his residence on 19th August, 2019.
Calixte is described as being of a medium brown complexion and medium built.
Anyone knowing the whereabouts of Roshanda Dean or Bengy Calixte is asked to contact the Central Detective Unit at 502-9991/2 or the nearest police station.
Investigations are ongoing.
SAFTEY TIPS FOR MOTORISTS
- Slow down and obey ALL traffic laws and speed limitsSpeed limits in
school zones is 15 MPH from 7:30am to 9:00am and 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Be extra cautious around school crossing areas
- When driving in school zones or in neighbourhoods, watch for
children who may be in a hurry to get to school and may not be thinking
of their safety
- Watch for children walking in the street, especially where there are no sidewalks. Be alert and ready to stop.
- Always stop for a school bus or jitney that has to stop to load or unload passengers.
- Before entering a pedestrian crossing area, be sure there are no children in the lane or adjacent lanes.
- When passing a parked vehicle, check for children who may run into the street
- Allow children waiting at a pedestrian crossing to cross the street
BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY TIPS FOR STUDENTS
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THIS OR
ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO
ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW
PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
- Find an easy way to walk to and from school or the bus stop and use
the same route every day.Always walk with a brother, sister, neighbour
or friend or with other students. Strength is in numbers.
- Don’t talk to strangers, don’t go anywhere with them or take
anything from them. If a stranger approaches, tell your parents or a
trusted adult such as a teacher.
- Never get into a vehicle with a stranger, or with anyone without your parents’ permission.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Never run into the street from between parked cars.
- Know you parents full name, your parents telephone numbers and your
address (street name and house number). If you have trouble remembering
them, write them down and keep in a safe place.
© Copyright 2019 by thebahamasweekly.com
Top of Page