POLICE IN GRAND BAHAMA ARE INVESTIGATING A BREAK-IN
AT A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION ON FRIDAY 7TH DECEMBER
Reports are that on Friday 7th December 2018, shortly after 12:00am, police were alerted to a financial institution on Explorers Way and the Mall Drive. Officers arrived at that location and discovered an eastern window to the establishment smashed, officers then proceeded into the interior of the establishment and discovered that culprit(s) had entered and caused extensive damages. A representative of the financial institution reported that no cash was stolen.
This matter is under active police investigation.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS).
ARMED ROBBERY SAFETY TIPS –
- PERSONNEL SAFETY FIRST! MONEY AND MERCHANDISE ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND CAN BE REPLACED
- Stay calm and don’t resist.Do as instructed and don’t make sudden moves.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Get a look at the robber if possible, but don’t stare.
- Activate the alarm only when it’s safe to do so.
- If possible, get a look at the robber’s vehicle and the direction travel.
- Do not follow the robber.
- Install surveillance cameras and ensure that they are in working condition