||Last Updated: Aug 28, 2018 - 12:03:12 PM
Abaco, Bahamas - Reports are that on Monday 27th August 2018, shortly after 5:00pm, officer of the Abaco District, acting on information, proceeded to the area of Forest Drive, Murphy Town, Abaco, where they proceeded to search a caravan vehicle with no license plate attached. Officers discovered two packages of suspected marijuana and a quantity of cash. Three males were arrested and taken into police custody.
BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY TIPS FOR STUDENT-
- Find an easy way to walk to and from school or the bus stop and use
the same route every day.Always walk with a brother, sister, neighbor,
friend or with other students. Strength is in numbers.
- Do not talk to strangers or go anywhere with them or take anything
from them. If a stranger approached you, tell your parents or a trusted
adult such as a teacher.
- Never get into a vehicle with a stranger, or with anyone without your parents’ permission.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Never run into the street.
- Know your parents full name, telephone numbers and your address
(street name and house number. If you have trouble remembering them,
write it down and keep it ina safe place.
BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY TIPS FOR MOTORIST –
- Slow down and obey ALL traffic laws and speed limit.
- Speed limit in school zones are 15MPH from 7:30am to 9:00am and from 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Be extra cautious around school crossing areas
- When driving in school zones or neighborhoods, watch for children
who may be in a hurry to get to school and may not be thinking of their
- Watch for children walking in the street, especially where there are no sidewalks. Be alert and ready to stop.
- Always stop for a school bus or jitney that has to stop to load or unload passengers.
- Before entering a pedestrian crossing area, be sure there are no pedestrian crossing, if so, stop and allow them to cross.
- When passing a parked vehicle, check for children who may run into the street
- Allow children waiting at a pedestrian crossing to cross the street.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com
Top of Page