Abaco, Bahamas - Police in Abaco are investigating an armed robbery that occurred on Wednesday 13th February 2019
Reports are that shortly before 11:00pm, three males wearing mask and armed with a handgun, cutlass and knife, entered a residence on South Side Road, Murphy Town, Abaco, and robbed the occupants of cash before fleeing the area.
Police are actively investigating this matter and are appealing to the general public for assistance with any information that can lead to the arrest of these culprits, to give them a call at telephone numbers in Abaco at 367-2560/367-3437 or the Central Detective Unit in Grand Bahama at telephone numbers 350-3109 thru 12, 919/911 or call your nearest police station..
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS).
PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS -
- Think about your safety before you leave home; make sure someone
knows where you are going, who you are with and what time you are likely
- Fully charge your mobile phone and keep it with you so you can keep
in contact with your friends and family and ring police should you need
- Walking home in the dark is never a good idea, but if you
absolutely must, try to walk with a friend, keep no busy, well-lit roads
even if it means taking a longer route.
- If you think someone is following you, go to the nearest place
where there are people and ask for help, or, if you can't find somewhere
or you are worried about someone's behaviour towards you in any way,
- Don't be afraid about being wrong or over-reacting; the Police
would rather be called only to find that all is well, than be dealing
with an incident because someone was afraid of calling them.
- Always try to be aware of what and who is around you and avoid putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.
- And remember, it might not be you that is in danger - if you see
anything you think is suspicious call the police - better safe than