||Last Updated: Apr 5, 2018 - 12:28:34 AM
Abaco, Bahamas - Police in Abaco are investigating a traffic accident that has left several persons with serious, injuries.
Reports are, that on Monday 2nd April 2018, sometime after 3:00pm, a serious traffic accident occurred, on Earnest Dean Highway in the area of Cherokee Road, involving a silver 2004 Kia Rio and a black Dodge Caliber, both vehicles were extensively damaged and all of the occupants received injuries, two of whom were treated at the Marsh Harbour Medical Clinic and later discharged. The other three (3) were airlifted to New Providence.
Police are investigating.
APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW
SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT
919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR
1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
HOLIDAY SAFETY DRIVING TIPS – Obey all traffic laws
- Don’t drink, text or utilize anything that will distract you while driving.
- Obey the speed limits and traffic signal lights
- Be alert and ready to stop. Look out for people walking on the street, especially where there are no sidewalks.
- Be extra cautious around pedestrian crossing, slow down and watch out for children on the streets.
- Do not overtake, stay in your lane.
- Remember to slow down and drive for both you and others.
HOLIDAY SAFETY SWIMMING TIPS –
- Never leave children alone in or near water, including beaches, pools, bathtubs, sinks or toilets.
- Ensure that children swim in designated swimming areas while at the
beach or pool. Always check the depth of the water before diving. If
swimming in the ocean, check the current and under-tow.
- Be sure that every child wears proper fitting life jacket when on a boat or near water.
- Teach children how to swim. Get professional training, but never
rely solely on the swimming lessons to protect your child from drowning.
- Learn first-aid and CPR, especially infant CPR.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com
Top of Page