Police are investigating a shooting incident on the island of Eleuthera which resulted in an adult male being shot and a firearm recovered.
According to reports, Officers, responded to reports of gunshots being fired in the area of a local night club in Lower Bogue, shortly after 3:00am, Sunday, 21st April, 2019. The responding officers discovered a male armed with a machine gun, discharging it. The man pointed the firearm in the direction of the officers, who engaged him and shot him to the lower body and recovered the firearm. The injured suspect was taken to a local clinic, where he is was treated and later transported to a hospital on New Providence for further medical attention. A female patron of the club was also shot during the incident and is listed in stable condition.
Central Detective Unit Officers are presently on the Island of Eleuthera and will continue investigations into this matter.
HOLIDAY SAFETY DRIVING TIPS –
- Obey all traffic lawsDon’t drink, text or utilize anything that will distract you while driving.
- Obey the speed limits and traffic signal lights
- Be alert and ready to stop. Look out for people walking on the street, especially where there are no sidewalks.
- Be extra cautious around pedestrian crossing, slow down and watch out for children on the streets.
- Do not overtake, stay in your lane.
- Remember to slow down and drive for both you and others.
HOLIDAY SAFETY SWIMMING TIPS FOR CHILDREN–
- Never leave children alone in or near water, including beaches, pools, bathtubs, sinks or toilets.
- Ensure that children swim in designated swimming areas while at
the beach or pool. Always check the depth of the water before diving.
If swimming in the ocean, check the current and under-tow.
- Be sure that every child wears proper fitting life jacket when on a boat or near water.
- Teach children how to swim. Get professional training, but
never rely solely on the swimming lessons to protect your child from
- Learn first-aid and CPR, especially infant CPR.