Abaco, Bahamas - Reports are that on Friday 8th June 2018, shortly before 10:00am, an American male was arrested by police while at the Leonard .M. Thompson International Airport for possession of dangerous drugs. He was arraigned before the Marsh Harbor Stipendiary and Circuit Magistrate Ancella Evans, pleaded guilty to the charge, was fined $300 and deported back to the United States of America.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS.)
HURRICANE SAFETY TIPS –
- Take note of the hurricane shelters in your area.
- Secure all important documents in a waterproof container.
- Be sure to have a first aid kit, medication, flash lights, and a battery operated radio on hand.
- Secure all loose objects, including lawn furniture, on your property and place pets inside for safe keeping.
- Keep several days’ supply of food and water for each family member.
- DO NOT USE GENERATORS INDOORS.
- Follow all instructions from your local authorities regarding evacuation or other safety procedures.