|Last Updated: Jul 15, 2019 - 10:24:08 AM
Police on the island of Exuma are investigating a boating accident, Sunday, 14th July, 2019 which has left an adult American male detained in hospital.
According to reports, shortly before 5:00pm, a tour boat was sailing in Elizabeth Harbour, George Town, when the captain felt something hit the rear of the boat. He and others made a check of the water and discovered a male with injuries to his hand. The injured man was retrieved from the water and transported to the Exuma Medical Facility where he was treated and later airlifted to a hospital on New Providence. He is listed in serious condition.
Investigations are ongoing.
PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS -
- Think about your safety before you leave home; make sure someone
knows where you are going, who you are with and what time you are likely
- Fully charge your mobile phone and keep it with you so you can keep
in contact with your friends and family and ring police should you need
- Walking home in the dark is never a good idea, but if you
absolutely must, try to walk with a friend, keep no busy, well-lit roads
even if it means taking a longer route.
- If you think someone is following you, go to the nearest place
where there are people and ask for help, or, if you can't find somewhere
or you are worried about someone's behaviour towards you in any way,
- Don't be afraid about being wrong or over-reacting; the Police
would rather be called only to find that all is well, than be dealing
with an incident because someone was afraid of calling them.
- Always try to be aware of what and who is around you and avoid putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.
- And remember, it might not be you that is in danger - if you see
anything you think is suspicious call the police - better safe than
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THIS OR ANY
CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO
ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW
PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
© Copyright 2019 by thebahamasweekly.com
Top of Page