STRUCTURAL FIRE INVESTIGATION – ANDROS
Police on the island of Andros
are investigating a fire which damaged part of a building at a school
on the island of Andros, Wednesday, 12th June, 2019.
reports, shortly after 4:00pm, Andros Division Officers were on patrol
in the area of the Huntley G. Christie High School, Queen’s Highway,
Nichols Town, when they discovered the center block of classrooms on
fire. Officers and volunteers from the community extinguished the fire,
which completely destroyed to two classrooms. No one was injured during
Fire Services Officers from New Providence will travel to Andros to continue investigations.
ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THIS OR ANY CRIME,
NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY
CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE)
OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS)
CRIME PREVENTION TIP: In an effort to combat theft from vehicles, we
encourage vehicle owners to employ some basic preventative measures:
- Always lock your vehicle, whether it is parked in a garage, your driveway or a parking lot.
- Never leave your car unoccupied with the motor running.
- Keep personal valuables, such as handbags, wallets, laptops, cell phones, etc., out of plain view.
- Take all valuables with you or store any valuables in the trunk, if possible, but at least out of public view.
- Do not leave any prescription medicine in your vehicle.
- When parking, check that all doors and your trunk are locked and that you have your keys with you.
- If possible, get an alarm installed. Alarms can deter thieves not
only from stealing items out of your vehicle, but from stealing your
vehicle as well.
- Be prepared for the worst. Sometimes, even with all the
preparation, a theft can still happen. It is a good idea to have an
inventory of all your important items; list all serial numbers, take
pictures for insurance purposes, and have copies of your cards and IDs.
It never hurts to be prepared.
- Report any incident where you believe someone has entered your
vehicle without permission (i.e. glove box left open or items thrown