POLICE INVESTIGATES SHOOTING INCIDENT
Nassau, Bahamas - Police
are investigating a shooting incident which occurred Tuesday, 28th
August, 2018, which has left an adult male with injuries.
to reports, shortly after 1:00pm, two men were driving on Florida Court
off Robinson Road, when they noticed a male standing on the side of the
street, armed with a firearm. The male opened fire in their direction,
hitting one of the men before running away. The victim was
transported to hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Investigations are ongoing.
POLICE INVESTIGATES ARMED ROBBERIES
Police on the island of New Providence are investigating two armed robberies which occurred Tuesday, 28th August, 2018.
the first incident, according to reports, shortly after 9:00am, three
men armed with knives, entered a home on Wild Tamarind Drive, held
residents at bay and robbed them of a watch, tennis shoes and an
assortment of tools before making good their escape.
the second incident, according to reports, shortly after 9:00am, a male
armed with a firearm, entered a business establishment on Ross Corner,
held employees at bay and robbed the establishment of cash, before
getting into a blue Honda vehicle and speeding away.
Investigations are ongoing.
132 DRIVERS TICKETED, 3 PERSONS ARRESTED BY TRAFFIC
DEPARTMENT OFFICERS IN PAST 8 HOUR
from the Traffic Department Officers conducted road checks in various
parts of the island. Their efforts, which were intended to educate
motorist, reduce crime, and to minimize the ability of criminals to
commit criminal activity, resulted in the arrest of three (3) persons
for outstanding criminal warrants, Additionally, 132 drivers were
ticketed for various traffic violations
BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY TIPS FOR STUDENT-
- Find an easy way to walk to and from school or the bus stop and use
the same route every day.Always walk with a brother, sister, neighbor,
friend or with other students. Strength is in numbers.
- Do not talk to strangers or go anywhere with them or take anything
from them. If a stranger approached you, tell your parents or a trusted
adult such as a teacher.
- Never get into a vehicle with a stranger, or with anyone without your parents’ permission.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Never run into the street.
- Know your parents full name, telephone numbers and your address
(street name and house number. If you have trouble remembering them,
write it down and keep it ina safe place.
BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY TIPS FOR MOTORIST –
- Slow down and obey ALL traffic laws and speed limit.
- Speed limit in school zones are 15MPH from 7:30am to 9:00am and from 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Be extra cautious around school crossing areas
- When driving in school zones or neighborhoods, watch for children
who may be in a hurry to get to school and may not be thinking of their
- Watch for children walking in the street, especially where there are no sidewalks. Be alert and ready to stop.
- Always stop for a school bus or jitney that has to stop to load or unload passengers.
- Before entering a pedestrian crossing area, be sure there are no pedestrian crossing, if so, stop and allow them to cross.
- When passing a parked vehicle, check for children who may run into the street
- Allow children waiting at a pedestrian crossing to cross the street.
ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER
HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL
POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR
1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS.)