POLICE INVESTIGATES TRAFFIC FATALITY
Nassau, Bahamas - Police on New Providence are investigating a traffic collision which occurred Sunday, 13th October, 2019 resulting in the death of an adult male.
According to reports, shortly after 8:00pm, the male was walking on Prince Charles Drive in the vicinity of the Wok Restaurant, when he was struck by a small black Japanese vehicle, which sped away. Paramedics were called to the scene and attempted to revive the victim, however; he was pronounced dead.
Police are appealing to members of the public, who may have information that can assist with this investigation, to contact the Police Traffic Department at 393-7714/5, Crime stoppers at 328-TIPS (8477) or the nearest police station.
Officers from the RBPF Traffic Department will continue investigations into this incident.
POLICE INVESTIGATES ARMED ROBBERY
Police on New Providence are actively investigating a recent armed robbery which occurred Sunday, 13th October, 2019
According to reports, shortly after 9:00pm, a man and a woman where at Sisal Road off Malcolm Road, when they were approached by two men, one armed with a firearm, who robbed them of a Nissan Note license # AP7953 before speeding away.
Investigations are ongoing.
ARMED ROBBERY SAFETY TIPS –
- PERSONNEL SAFETY FIRST! MONEY AND MERCHANDISE ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND CAN BE REPLACED
- Stay calm and don’t resist.
- Do as instructed and don’t make sudden moves.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Get a look at the robber if possible, but don’t stare.
- Activate the alarm only when it’s safe to do so.
- If possible, get a look at the robber’s vehicle and the direction travel.
- Do not follow the robber.
- Install surveillance cameras and ensure that they are in working condition