POLICE INVESTIGATES TRAFFIC FATALITY
Nassa, Bahamas - Police in New Providence are investigating a traffic accident which has left an adult male dead, Sunday, 29th July, 2018.
According to reports, shortly before 9:00pm, two men were driving in a black 2007 Honda Fit on Western Road, when the driver lost control of the vehicle and collided into a Poinciana tree, causing both persons to become unresponsive. Paramedics were called to the scene, and attempted to revive the passenger, but were unsuccessful. He was pronounced dead on scene. The driver was transported to hospital and is in serious but stable condition.
Officers from the RBPF Traffic Division are investigating.
POLICE INVESTIGATES SHOOTING INCIDENT
Police are investigating a shooting incident, Monday, 30th July, 2018 which has left two adult males with injuries.
According to reports, shortly before 3:00am, four men were in a vehicle at the junction of Wulff Road and Market Street, when a white vehicle pulled beside them. Occupants of this vehicle opened fire in their direction, hitting two of them before speeding away. The victims were transported to hospital where they are listed in stable condition.
Investigations are ongoing.
SAFETY DRIVING TIPS – Obey all traffic laws
- Don’t drink, text or utilize anything that will distract you while driving.
- Obey the speed limits and traffic signal lights
- Be alert and ready to stop. Look out for people walking on the street, especially where there are no sidewalks
- Be extra cautious around pedestrian crossing, slow down and watch out for children on the streets.
- Do not overtake, stay in your lane.
- Remember to slow down and drive for both you and others.