SUSPECTS TO BE ARRAIGNED
Nassau, Bahamas - Police are pleased to announce that seven suspects will be arraigned in Magistrate Court at 12:00 noon, Monday,19th November, 2018 in connection with a number of investigations.
They are as follows:
- A 19 year old male will be arraigned on a charge of Murder, in connection with the shooting death of Stanavio Stanley Lord, which occurred on 12th November, 2018 at Watlins Street.
- 25 and 30 year old American males will be arraigned on a charge of failing to declare, which occurred on Friday, 16th November, 2018.
- 29 and 30 year old Jamaican females on a charge of attempting to export a large sum of cash from The Bahamas, which occurred on Friday, 16th November, 2018.
- 2 former bank employees, to be arraigned on fraud and stealing by reason of service charges
- A Bahamian adult female will be arraigned on numerous counts of fraud charges.
The Royal Bahamas Police Force thanks members of the public for assisting with information, which has led to the arrest of suspects in these matters. We are encouraged by your support and ask that you continue to partner with us as we work diligently to create safer communities.
ILLEGAL FIREARMS RECOVERED
The enduring and dedicated work of the men and women of the Royal Bahamas Police Force, has led officers to successfully recover two illegal firearms from the streets of New Providence, Sunday, 18th November, 2018.
Shortly after 11:00pm, Southeastern Division Officers acting on information conducted a search of a bushy area on Jumbey Street off Windsor Place Road, and recovered two 9 millimeter pistols and seven (7) rounds of ammunition.
No arrest was made in this incident. Investigations are ongoing.
POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING ANY CRIME, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS).