||Last Updated: Nov 5, 2018 - 1:26:27 PM
SUSPECTS TO BE ARRAIGNED
Nassau, Bahamas - Police are pleased to announce that three suspects will be arraigned in Magistrate Court at 12:00 noon, Monday, 5th November, 2018 in connection with a number of investigations.
They are as follows:
- A 34 year old male will be arraigned on a charge of Murder, in connection with the stabbing death of Jason Sawyer, which occurred on 30th October, 2018 at Okra Hill.
- A 41 year old male will be arraigned on a charge of Murder, in connection with the shooting death of Renaldo Perez Bullard, whose body was discovered on 28th October, 2018 at Martin’s Close off Cowpen Road.
- A 27 year old male on charges relating to the Proceeds of Crime Act. On Friday, 2nd November, 2018 the male was arrested at LPIA after he was discovered with a large sum of cash which he failed to declare to authorities.
The Royal Bahamas Police Force thanks members of the public for assisting with information, which has led to the arrest of suspects in these matters. We are encouraged by your support and ask that you continue to partner with us as we work diligently to create safer communities.
POLICE INVESTIGATES TRAFFIC FATALITY
Police on the island of New Providence are investigating a traffic accident which has left an adult male dead Sunday, 4th November, 2018.
According to reports, shortly after 11:00am, a male was driving a blue Toyota Progress, on McCullough Corner, when he apparently lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a building. Fire Services Officers and Paramedics were called to extricate the victim from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead on scene.
Traffic Department Officers will continue investigations in to this matter.
THESE INVESTIGATIONS ARE ACTIVE AND POLICE ARE APPEALING TO ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR INSIGNIFICANT (THE TIP) MAY SEEM, TO ANONYMOUSLY CALL POLICE AT 919 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 328-TIPS (8477) (NEW PROVIDENCE) OR 1-242-300-8477 (FAMILY ISLANDS), THE CENTRAL DETECTIVE UNIT AT 502-9991/2 OR THE NEAREST POLICE STATION.
SAFETY DRIVING TIPS – Obey all traffic laws
- Don’t drink, text or utilize anything that will distract you while driving.
- Obey the speed limits and traffic signal lights
- Be alert and ready to stop. Look out for people walking on the street, especially where there are no sidewalks.
- Be extra cautious around pedestrian crossing, slow down and watch out for children on the streets.
- Do not overtake, stay in your lane.
- Remember to slow down and drive for both you and others.
© Copyright 2018 by thebahamasweekly.com
Top of Page